Who is it for?
Representatives, churches and individuals who are concerned for mission in the Muslim World.
What is the focus?
This well established forum has been going for many years and regularly brings together 20-30 people to discuss issues relating to the Muslim world.
The forum's three main areas of focus are to:
- Provide fellowship and networking opportunities for those involved in ministry in the Muslim World
- To discuss issues of common concern
- To consider joint projects as appropriate
It should be noted that there can be severe restrictions in most of the Muslim World, and discretion is exercised in the use of information because of the sensitive political situation.
Usually those who launch the discussion are regulars at the forum but occasionally an outside speaker is invited to provide insight into a particular country or current issue.
Who issues have we covered recently?
- Iran today - politically, geographically, militarily, religiously and spiritually
- Member Care in the Muslim World
- Working with the national Church in Muslim lands
- Guidelines for giving financial support for projects and individuals in the Muslim World
- Praying in the dark - the problems of security and how it affects prayer backing and motivation
When do we meet?
The forum meets three times a year, usually in March, June and October. Most meetings are held in London and start at 12 noon and finish by 4 pm. Before lunch we provide time for raising issues and give opportunity for effective networking (bring your own food, refreshments provided). The main item of the forum usually starts after lunch. This forum is currently facilitated by Jane Showell-Rogers of Global Connections.